:Earlier this month, I conducted a totally unscientific survey on Twitter, asking where people got their Oracle news from. Twitter and the NoCOUG Journal were two popular sources, along with a wide range of blogs. Here are some of the blogs that the Oracle DBA & Dev superstars in my Twitter like to read:
- DBA Services’s shared blog:blog.dbi-services.com
- Jonathan Lewis’s Oracle Scratchpad
- David Fitzjarrell’s blog: dfitzjarrell.wordpress.com
BTW, I notice that David Fitzjarrell’s blog was named one of the top 50 SQL blogs in 2016 by Ben’s DatabaseStar blog, itself a good blog with a strong focus on Oracle SQL for developers. I recommend checking out Ben’s list for more SQL blogs!
I also learned about a couple of terrific Oracle blog aggregators:
- Eddie Awad’s Oracle blog aggregator: orana.info
- Toad World’s Oracle blog aggregator: http://www.toadworld.com/platforms/oracle/b/weblog
I’ve got a couple of my own to add to the list.
- I’ve learned a few things from the AMIS Oracle and Java blog and the Pythian blog.
- Kelly Gormin aka DBA Kevlar’s blog is wide-ranging.
- For PL/SQL, there’s Steven Feuerstein’s (@sfonplsql) PL/SQL blog.
- Heli From Finland blogs about Oracle and database design.
- ORACLE-BASE has posts for everyone from beginner to expert.
I also follow the articles on orafaq.com:
And there are some official Oracle blogs I like to keep my eye on:
And of course, there’s Ask Tom, which has an RSS feed for newest questions.
I’m experimenting with Feedly as my new RSS reader. Do you have a favorite Oracle blog, magazine or RSS reader? Let me know in the comments!